- YOU the Resident is at the centre of your care. The service we provide fits into your needs, wants and preferences.
- Your care is designed around all the information you provide. We also welcome input from your family and friends should you wish.
- St. Winefrides’ is a Home to all that live and work within. As everyone spends countless amounts of hours here we wish this not to be a work place but to be a Home that radiates warmth, love, and professionalism. This is a place where staff are welcoming and supportive and Residents are happy and safe.
Owner and Management
St. Winefrides’ is a family owned residential home managed by the Registered Manager – DanguoleBilidaite (MA BA Hons LMA). The owners are Bhimsen Seedeehul (RGN, RMN retired), Indira Seedeehul (RMN LMA retired) and their son Raj Seedeehul (BSc Hons, RMA) – all active in the running of the Home since2007.
We are registered for 22 persons with Dementia, Mental Health or Old Age
Person - Centered Care
We take the time to get to know a resident - their history, likes and dislikes - in order to build up a picture of them. Once we get to know a person we can work with them to design care and support around their needs so that they remain firmly in charge of everything - we call this person-centered care.
Dining and mealtimes
Meals are an important part of our day; dining is designed to be a gastronomic and a social occasion to be shared with friends and family alike. All our menus are nutritionally checked and our food is freshly prepared.
Staff Recruitment Procedure:
Our staff are employed following the strict recruitment guidelines of the CQC:
- Application form completion.
- Successful Interview.
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check with ISA (Independent Safeguarding Adult) First Check.
- 2 references – one character and one employer with one reference phone call verification.
- Full Induction.
- Buddy system training – Minimum 2 weeks hands on shadow training with a senior staff member.
Highly Trained Staff:
We provide our staff with high levels of training and experience but perhaps more importantly, a set of values that allows them to empathise with residents and tailor care around their needs, concerns and desires.
Our Mandatory Staff Training Courses:
All our staff are fully trained on the following courses:
- Manual Handling
- Falls prevention
- First aid
- Nutrition and hydration
- Assisting with eating
- Malnutrition and MUST tool
- Allergens and food
- Positive behaviour support
- Risk assessments and care planning
- Challenging behaviour
- Aspirational pneumonia
- Pallative Care
- Dignity and Respect
- Person Centred Care
- Human Rights
- Fire Marshall
- Oral Care
- Basic Wound care
- Dementia Awareness
- Display Screen Equipment
- Domestic abuse awareness
- Equality and diversity
- Food hygiene awareness
- Health and Safety
- Infection Control
- Mental Capacity Act
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguard
- Pressure area care awareness
- Protecting personal information
- Safeguarding adults
- Safeguarding children and young children
- Care certificate
Diploma Courses – EDI
Our staff are encouraged to complete various Diploma courses below:
- NVQ Levels 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Diabetes Care Management – level 2
- Common Health Conditions – level 2
- Principles of Dementia Care – level 2
- Understanding End of Life Care – level 2
- Prevention and Control of Infection in a Health Care Setting – level 2
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems – level 2
- Understanding Nutrition and Health – level 2
- Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines – level 2
- Team Leading Knowledge – level 2
- Cleaning Knowledge and Skills – level 2
We also do adhoc in-house training which educates staff members on current issues within the Home. The training programme is reviewed yearly to incorporate any new needs of the clients in the Home.
Social Life and Leisure
We believe that social and leisure aspects of life are an integral part of care, which should be all about achieving maximum independence and helping people to have some fun!
We continually review our property not only to ensure high standards of maintenance but also to provide a pleasant, homely and stimulating environment.
Services around St. Winefrides Residential Home